There are numerous cremation memorialization options available to families who wish to preserve the memory of a loved one for eternity. The best way to learn about cremation memorialization options is to call Rome Monument at 724-770-0100, talk to one of our knowledgeable cremation consultants and schedule a free consultation at one of our seven convenient locations in Pittsburgh, Allegheny County and Western Pennsylvania.
Rome Monument offers a wide variety of cemetery and non-cemetery cremation memorialization options:
- Cremation urns hold the cremated remains of the deceased and can be placed in the ground, inside an above-ground monument, or in a mausoleum or columbarium.
- In cemeteries that reserve gravesites for the burial of urns, custom designed cremation headstones and monuments mark the cemetery plot with the cremated remains.
- An urn can also be inserted into a headstone or monument niche that is carved into a granite headstone, upright cremation monument, flat cremation marker, cremation pedestal, cremation bench, or natural boulder. These can be placed at a cemetery, home, or park.
- A columbarium is a free-standing building that holds the cremated remains of the deceased.
- A columbarium or mausoleum niche often contains a cremation niche, a recessed compartment into which an urn is placed.
For Places Other Than Cemeteries (Private Property, Churches, Etc.)
- Cremation urns hold the cremated remains of the deceased and can be placed in your home, in the ground on your property, inside an above-ground monument, or in a family or private columbarium.
- An urn can be inserted into a headstone or monument niche that is carved into a granite headstone, monument, bench, or natural boulder.
- A columbarium is a free-standing building or wall that holds the cremated remains of the deceased inside a niche. Churches sometimes have their own columbariums exclusively for members of their congregation.
Cemetery cremation memorials, monuments, grave markers, benches, headstones, gravestones and niches are created by the memorial artists here at Rome Monument using the finest granite available. They can be adorned with beautiful custom designs, such as etchings, engravings, bas reliefs, statues, 3D carvings, and symbols and imagery that convey the specific nationality or religion of the deceased. They can be for any number of graves and come in a variety of styles and shapes. Cemeteries in Pittsburgh often permit the use of different monument types including cremation memorials to mark the resting place of the deceased. You can select from a wide variety of granite colors in different price ranges.
Rome Monument has expanded our product line of cremation memorials to include memorials for both the cemetery and a family's home.
Cemetery Cremation Memorials: Created using the finest granite available, our granite cremation memorials meet and exceed the requirements of local cemeteries. In fact, we have worked closely with local cemeteries in the design and layout of cremation sections. Our most recent designs involve a locking system where the body can be secured inside of the granite memorial.
Backyard Landscape Memorials: While a family could select a granite memorial bench or memorial for their backyard, families can now select from our cast resin line of cremation memorials for their loved one whose remains have been scattered or kept at home. These memorials can also contain the body like our granite memorials and are shaped like tress and rocks that are found in the landscape of the Tri-State area.
Cremation Jewelry: Offered in solid 14 karat gold and sterling silver with either genuine or synthetic gem stones, our line of cremation jewelry allows a family to create a timeless family remembrance that can be passed on to future generations. All of our settings are backed with solid mounts. Cremation jewelry is a treasured memorial that can be created for multiple family members. We also have the ability to turn a family member's rosary or create a new rosary with our cremation crosses and pendants.
Laser Engraved Jewelry and Watches: Our line of laser engraved jewelry and watches allows a family to have a color photo of their loved one engraved in solid 14 karat yellow and white gold. The color engraved photo is scratch and water resistant and comes with the lifetime guarantee.
In addition to specializing in cremation memorials, the folks here at Rome Monument are certified by the ICCFA (International Cemetery Cremation and Funeral Association) to administer, organize, and arrange cremations, and are fully qualified to explain the cremation process, cremation costs, burial and internment services, memorialization options and other important details that will empower you and help you make the right decisions when the time arrives. We will be happy to recommend Pittsburgh-based crematories that can perform the cremation and/or funeral homes that can provide a funeral or memorial service.
To fully understand your cremation memorialization options in Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, and Western Pennsylvania, make the call now to 724-770-0100 and ask to speak with Vince Dioguardi or Chris Morgan, our Certified Cremation Specialists. The consultation is free and they will be happy to answer all your questions.